Gold Coast Ladies Monday Tennis
Minutes from Meeting 11th Sept, 2017 at Surfers Paradise Tennis Club at 1pm
- Floater process was addressed – the team player who is away should communicate with their team captain to find a replacement player. The floater list and other team member contacts should be exhausted before seeking further help from Natasha.
Please encourage all our floaters – they come in to help out our teams and it would be great to have them in teams in future draws – let’s not alienate new players with negative or discouraging feedback.
Div 3 have a designated floater list – Div 2 have a BYE team to call on for help – Div 1 have a designated floater list as well as being able to ask Div 2 players to play up for a given round. Any individual Div 2 player can play up only TWICE. Records are kept of all floaters and fill-in players. Any player can also source a floater from outside our competition.
- It was decided that our end of season presentation function will be held at KDV Sport on the 4th Dec in their upstairs function room consisting of a two course meal of Mains with Dessert for $35 per person – drinks will be available at an individual additional cost. A poll will be completed on the first Monday back after our holiday break (9th Oct) to determine the main and dessert menu drop options.
- Announcement of social Round Robin on 2nd Oct, 2017 at Platinum Tennis NERANG at 9am during our season 2 holiday break. Cost will be $10 which will include a BBQ lunch. Format will be Ups/Downs. Further invitations reminders will be texted out as we draw closer to the date.
- Upon the resumption of our season after the holiday break we are hoping to also have a coaching/social tennis court/s going at Nerang each Monday for $12 – this includes a skills /drills session from 9-10am followed by social doubles matchplay from 10-12pm. This is open to any rostered off or bye team player as well as any new players wanting to give Monday tennis a go.
- Proposal of a mixed gender Div 3 for 2018 – this is being proposed as there is a lack of players at the Div 3 player level. The aim by including men in teams is to have more players. This idea is still very much open to further discussion and development.
- With the Commonwealth Games being held on the GC in 2018 it has been decided that the draw for Season 1 next year with omit any Mondays that fall into this period. Social round robin tennis will be available instead of a competition round.
Xxx Natasha xxX